"Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12
Independent Life Skills is one of four core components of our residential program at Hope Harbor. Residents learn in a family environment by taking ownership and responsibility in household situations. Staff works with our teens to develop and demonstrate progress in respecting authority, positive behavior changes, social skills, life skills, and personal care.
Residents have goals specific to expectations and individual program needs. Privileges and responsibilities are vital for personal growth and maturity. Privileges increase by phase, as does responsibility, trust, integrity, and initiative.
Our daily routine includes Independent Living Skills development such as:
• Respect of authority • Trust, integrity, and leadership • Personal motivation • Practical skills application
• Walking in freedom • Consistency in behavior • Coping skills • Social skills
• Conflict resolution • Self-control • Service projects • Chores
• Meal prep • Time management • Letter writing • Hobby development
• Fitness • Nutrition • Hygiene • Manners